Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
Why Mahindra International School?
Mahindra International School is an established 3-Programme IB School in the state of Maharashtra in India. We have a small student population, small class sizes, great resources and a strong employment package. We seek dedicated and passionate educators who are aligned to our Mission and Vision and to the principles of an IB Education.
Professionals in our school enjoy the atmosphere of collaboration, experimentation and innovation. We have a robust Professional Development programme which gives access to world-class professional learning experiences both within India and overseas.
Our student body is diverse, engaged and ready to learn! We speak a range of languages and understand that our different experiences enrich the community.
Pune is considered India’s most liveable city. It enjoys a liberal culture, a comfortable climate, a reasonable cost of living and access to most of the comforts available in any large metropolis around the world. Pune has a vibrant foodie culture and a range of natural and cosmopolitan activities to enjoy.
Pune is also considered one of India’s safest cities and it is comfortable to move around the city in the day or night taking the normal safety precautions.
- Working in an Empowered, Innovative and agile international community
- Being part of an inspiring group of young peoples’ growth as global citizens
- Low cost-of-living enable a strong saving potential while enjoying comfortable living standards
- Air tickets on appointment, summer break and on completion of contract for overseas contracts
- Relocation assistance for staff moving internationally & from other states in India
- Furnished accommodation with basic hard furnishings for the contract period for overseas contracts
- Medical insurance Coverage for staff and dependants
- Medical reimbursement against bills for staff and dependants
- Schooling for two children for single teachers and up to 3 children for a teaching couple at the rate of 20% of the annual tuition fee and admission fee
- Retention Bonus or Ex-gratia paid at the rate of 40% of one month’s gross salary on completion of a 2-year contract
- Strongly aligned with the International Task Force on Child Protection and effective recruiting practices
- Strong professional development opportunities through a blend of on-line and face-to-face workshops within India and internationally
Shadow Teacher needed: We are looking for interested candidates who are resident in Pune to provide one-to-one support for individual learners requiring specialized and individual attention to facilitate learning.
The role of the Shadow Teacher is to assist in the support and inclusion of students with special education needs in the classroom and school-wide activities. The Shadow Teacher collaborates with the Learning Support Team, other teachers in the department and the classroom teachers to implement a learning environment that enhances individual student success. The Shadow Teacher is not a school employee but is supported and vetted by school HR personnel and Section Principal in advance of appointment. The parents of the individual students requiring the support directly employ the Shadow Teachers.
Ideal candidates would hold qualifications in Special Educational Needs or Child Psychology or be qualified teachers holding at minimum a B.Ed. Interested candidates will be provided with a full job description. Any successful applicant will need to obtain a police clearance to work with children and they will have to make a full declaration around child protection and well-being.
Please submit a letter of interest and CV to Priyanka Karanjai at email@example.com.