Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
Why Mahindra International School?
Mahindra International School is an established 3-Programme IB School in the state of Maharashtra in India. We have a small student population, small class sizes, great resources and a strong employment package. We seek dedicated and passionate educators who are aligned to our Mission and Vision and to the principles of an IB Education.
Professionals in our school enjoy the atmosphere of collaboration, experimentation and innovation. We have a robust Professional Development programme which gives access to world-class professional learning experiences both within India and overseas.
Our student body is diverse, engaged and ready to learn! We speak a range of languages and understand that our different experiences enrich the community.
Pune is considered India’s most liveable city. It enjoys a liberal culture, a comfortable climate, a reasonable cost of living and access to most of the comforts available in any large metropolis around the world. Pune has a vibrant foodie culture and a range of natural and cosmopolitan activities to enjoy.
Pune is also considered one of India’s safest cities and it is comfortable to move around the city in the day or night taking the normal safety precautions.
- Working in an Empowered, Innovative and agile international community
- Being part of an inspiring group of young peoples’ growth as global citizens
- Low cost-of-living enable a strong saving potential while enjoying comfortable living standards
- Air tickets on appointment, summer break and on completion of contract for overseas contracts
- Relocation assistance for staff moving internationally & from other states in India
- Furnished accommodation with basic hard furnishings for the contract period for overseas contracts
- Medical insurance Coverage for staff and dependants
- Medical reimbursement against bills for staff and dependants
- Schooling for two children for single teachers and up to 3 children for a teaching couple at the rate of 20% of the annual tuition fee and admission fee
- Retention Bonus or Ex-gratia paid at the rate of 40% of one month’s gross salary on completion of a 2-year contract
- Strongly aligned with the International Task Force on Child Protection and effective recruiting practices
- Strong professional development opportunities through a blend of on-line and face-to-face workshops within India and internationally
Mahindra International School recognizes the role of the Teaching Assistant in supporting learning within the structure of the school. A Teaching Assistant’s primary responsibilities are to assist the students in their learning, in collaboration with the teachers, through the domains of pastoral care, academic support, home-school communication and classroom management. They will work closely with the Homeroom Teacher(s) and Single Subject Teachers to meet the needs of the students. While carrying out their duties, the Teaching Assistant will exemplify the attributes of the IB Learner Profile and support Agency and Inquiry. In line with the school’s guiding statements and ethos they will “promote open communication based on an understanding of respect” This is implicit in all communications within the school community and beyond.
Learning and Teaching:
- Work with small groups /individual students to facilitate greater differentiation as requested by the teachers or the leadership
- Contribute to the planning of units and offer suggestions for day-to-day learning engagements; however, it is NOT the responsibility of a teaching assistant to do the day-to-day planning, even for small groups
- Help to keep observational notes on students
- Assist in the management of Seesaw and Google Classroom
- Assist in the general day-to-day organizational /administrational tasks such as attendance, calling students into Google Meets, reminding students of etiquette
- Help curate online and physical resources for learning as appropriate
- Be present at Google Meets to “Meet and Greet” students on arrival with the teacher
- Assist the teacher with end-of-the-semester reports by offering evidence and observations for the teacher to include in their report writing
- Be familiar with the PYP philosophy and methodology. (Principles to Practice PYP)
- Attend and contribute to all relevant curriculum meetings
- Attend and contribute to all relevant PD and meetings, both section and whole school
- Apply for local /national courses that will impact directly on their performance at MIS via the PD protocol
- Check emails daily for any messages and bring the messages to the notice of the class teacher for responses if needed
- Assist with posting notice via email, Google classroom, Seesaw and weekly updates
- Ensure you read the daily bulletin before the start of the school day
- Ensure you check your school email at least twice a day, before the school starts and at the end of the school day
- Respond to all surveys and queries in a timely manner
- Carry out supervisor duties on campus as assigned by the leadership team
- Work collaboratively with the teachers and students to develop effective displays that support learning
- Continue to support all areas of learning & teaching and communication
- Accompany the students to the reception at the end of the school day, monitor their departure in buses/cars
- Accompany the class during field trips both day and overnight
- Carry out any responsibility connected with special events such as Celebrations, Fun Days, Concert etc
- Carry out Break/Lunch duty as assigned by the Leadership Team
- Carry out the supervision duties as requested by the Leadership Team
Proficiency in computer technologies is mandatory
Experience of delivering or assisting in the delivery of online learning is preferred
Experience of Google Classroom/ Seesaw or a similar student learning platform preferred
Minimum first degree – preferably a bachelor’s in education or M.Ed. or a BA or MA in English. Strong command of written and spoken English language
Double vaccinated and willing to be on campus with students and Willing to work on a virtual mode if required
Please send the following documents by email to email@example.com:
Letter of application indicating clearly your first available start date
CV/Resume – (including at least 2 professional referees – full name, details of their positions, professional email id’s, telephone numbers.- They will not be contacted without the prior consent of the candidate)
Deadline for Application: October 31st 2021
Safeguarding Statement: In accordance with the school’s commitment to adhere to the International Task force on Child Protection and all other relevant guidance and legislation in respect of safeguarding children, the Office Manager will be required to demonstrate commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in the school.