The MIS community as a whole is diverse and inclusive. It is a part of our school mission and vision to educate the whole child and develop physically, socially and emotionally aware students and independent thinkers
The Student Support Services comprises a collaborative team of Counselors, Learning Support teachers and Educational Psychologists who foster the development of academic, behavioral and social-emotional well-being of the students. As a team we work closely with the staff and community to provide a supportive learning environment, emotional well-being and positive social skills.
We have professionally trained counselors, who aim to provide a safe and a confidential environment for students to receive Counseling both short term and long term in a group or in a 1 on 1 setting. A comprehensive counseling program has been developed to provide guidance for a range of students to develop their academic, career, transitions, and personal/social self. The counselors deliver the preventive program through lessons in the classrooms- via the Core lessons in the Secondary school and the PSHE in the Primary school.
The Learning Support department follows a multi-tier support structure, as this helps cater to the needs of every student. The Learning Support team works closely with the teaching community, administrators and families to facilitate a positive academic experience for all students from K-12.
We understand that some students might face academic challenges and may require extra support in some areas, therefore differentiation strategies are developed and specific accommodations are provided when required. There is an emphasis on data based decision making, therefore the team conducts both formal and informal evaluation at school to develop Individual Education Plans and guides students to achieve the identified goals.
As a department we have an open door policy and are always ready to meet with students and parents in case of a crisis or tragedy at home or at school. We liaise with professionals out in the community to support our families. For example, child development paediatricians, psychologists, Neurologists, Occupational/ Speech therapists and Psychiatrists.
As a team our aim is to nurture the academic, personal and social growth of our students at MIS.
Families seeking admission with children with specific learning needs including social/emotional needs should contact the admissions office for details on the admissions philosophy and process.
Mr. Tim Getter – College and University Counselor.
Ms. Beena Abraham – Primary Learning Support.
Ms. Shambhavi Singh – School Counselor, Core Teacher (Secondary School) .
Mr. Jeff Underhill – School Counselor and PSHE Teacher (Primary School)
Ms. Harjyot Malhotra – Educational Psychologist, Head Student Services and Secondary Learning Support.
Working in partnership with parents, the MIS College Counselor assists students with all phases of the university application process, presents guidelines to students for the writing of personal statements and essays, and provides information about available scholarship opportunities and summer enrichment programs.
All students at MIS study exclusively in IB Diploma Programme courses. Though some choose “gap” year programs or service projects, over ninety-five percent of MIS students attend university immediately upon graduation. While the majority of students choose to attend university in the U.S., Canada, the UK, or Europe, Mahindra International School graduates may be found studying in Australia, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Singapore, and South Korea. (Please see the MIS profile and recent matriculation.)
In order to familiarize students and parents about the world-wide opportunities available and to personalize more the college process, MIS hosts numerous on-campus university fairs, individual university visits, and parent information sessions. Students and parents are also encouraged to attend external university fairs held at various locations in Pune and Mumbai.
SCHOOL SAT CODE: 671018
Information for College Representatives
Visits to Mahindra International School
Mahindra International School welcomes college admissions officer(s) and official university employed representatives to our campus. If you are an agent, either contracted or commissioned, please see the note below.
The best times for visits are Monday through Friday:
09:15 – 10:15 (straddling break 1)
11:00 – 12:00 (straddling break 2)
12:45 – 13:45 (Lunch – You are welcome to let us know and have lunch with us a little earlier or later)
Let us know if you are traveling in a bigger group and have other time constraints that do not fit the times given above. Also, please ask if you have any other questions or if we may make some recommendations for you a way from the usual hotel fare.
Mr. Tim Getter
|College Counseling Office:
Ms. Reena Nair
+91 20 4295 4444 / Ext. 2257
Click on the map for direction to MIS.
The traffic in Pune is highly variable. It is important to know that there is heavy commuter traffic out from Central Pune to our side of town for employment in Hinjawadi in the morning and back again in the late afternoon/early evening. Please do not plan to keep a tight schedule. Always leave plenty of time to arrive and if you are early we will be happy to accommodate you with some tea and a place a place to catch up on work or have a chat with the counselor. We will be making special arrangements with teachers, students, and parents for the specific time of your visit. It puts us all in a difficult situation when representatives are late or do not show up and we may not be able to keep the students waiting.
- Time to/from Pune Airport: 1 to 2 hours
- Time to/from Mumbai Airport: 5 to 4.5 hours
Driving time between MIS and few other Schools around Pune:
- UWC Mahindra College: 60 to 90 minutes through the country side
- Indus International School: 60 to 90 minutes of city traffic
- Symbiosis International School: 60 to 90 minutes of city traffic
- Victorious Kidss Educares: 60 to 90 minutes of city traffic
- Vishwashanti Gurukul: 90 to 120 minutes of city traffic
Due to traffic conditions in Pune, travel time between hotels in Central Pune and MIS on week days can be 1.5 to 2.5 hours or more with the heaviest traffic between 8 and 10 in the morning with commuters coming out to work on our side of town. There are a few decent hotels on our side of town in and around Hinjawadi. These also allow for easy access to Mahindra UWC and an easier drive to/from Mumbai. Staying in one of these will be best option to avoid sitting in morning traffic on the way out to Hinjawadi. This will allow for an easy morning visit to MIS in advance of your other school visits with less heavy traffic in the morning through early afternoon into town.
- Radisson Blu: Right behind MIS and a 5 to 10 minute walk
- Hyatt Place Hinjawadi: 5 minute drive
- Lemon Tree: 5 minute drive
- The Gateway Taj Hotel Hinjawadi: 10 to 15 minute drive
- Courtyard Marriot Hinjawadi: 10 to 15 minute drive
- JW Marriott: Half-way between Central Pune and Hinjawadi and still 45 to 90 minutes
- We advertise college visits to our secondary students as well as parents and encourage them to participate.
- Please send us soft copy posters and a small write up of information about your college which we can post on a bulletin board and easily share in advance with our community by email.
- We normally provide a more personal table chair setup. In certain situations, we may give a college or group a chance to give an original presentation to a larger group.
- If in case you are running late for the visit, kindly contact our office at the number given above.
- It is often mutually beneficial to have more than one college visit at a time. This can attract a broader interest group and reduce the disruption to classes. Please feel free to request a date even if you see some other colleges visiting us at the same time.
- Agents that are either contracted or commissioned are generally not permitted to visit MIS unless the university has directly introduced and requested their visit to us and if they meet NACACs Code of Ethics and Professional Practices (page 10).
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN MIS
WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR VISIT