Hello, my name is Maxence. I’m 11 years old. I’m an avid reader and swimmer, I’m very interested in learning how the world works.
Why did I select my inquiry?
I chose my inquiry because I wanted to inform people of the dangers of water pollution on humans and the environment. My central idea was: Individual and group actions can impact the quality of our water.
My lines of Inquiry were:
- Causes of the different types of pollution. (Function)
- Impact of water pollution on individuals, communities and the environment. (Causation)
- Action to conserve water. (Responsibility)
My transdisciplinary theme was: Sharing the planet because it is rights and responsibilities in the struggle to share finite resources with other people and with other living things.Like drinkable water. My concepts were Function, Causation and Responsibility
My focus Learner Profile attributes were
- Inquirer: I was an inquirer because I nurtured my curiosity about water pollution.
- Communicator: I am a communicator because I am communicating my new found knowledge about water pollution.
My approaches to learning were research skills. I did all four sub skills for the research skills in order. I used questions to drive my inquiry. I used a variety of sources: primary and secondary and I used MyBib to cite all of my sources. I categorized my information and I communicated my learning in my presentation.
My links to the school Mission and Vision were:
The connection to MIS mission is that I am using promoting learning to spread awareness about water pollution and incoreging responsibility to save water.
My inquiry connected to UN SD Goal 14 Life below water and Goal 6 Clean and sanitation. These 2 goals are connected to my exhibition issue because I want to stop water pollution so we have clean waters and I want to protect life below water too.
The primary sources I used were Nrdc and Water Pollution | Causes, Effects, & Facts
Through my inquiry I found out
- Water pollution affect by causing diseases humans
- Water pollution can kill water animals in different ways
- It can affect plants by killing them
- It can contribute to the melting of the ice caps
- It affects the food change
A personal action I am going to take
- I am going to recycle more to reduce the amount of plastic that ends up in water sources.
- Reuse rainwater to water the plants.
- use reusable water bottles.
- Use a shower instead of a bath.
- Close the tape when I am not using it.
I will ask people in my community to take action by
- To recycle to reduce plastic in water sources.
- I will ask if they could use rainwater to water plants
- I will ask that they not use water when they do not need some.
This is my website.
This is my presentation.
“Causes and Effects of Water Pollution.” Www.airowater.com, 6 Apr. 2021, www.airowater.com/blog/causes-and-effects-of-water-pollution/. Accessed 6 Apr. 2021.
Cool Australia, https://coolaustralia.org. “Water Pollution – Cool Australia.” Cool Australia, 19 Aug. 2014, www.coolaustralia.org/water-pollution-primary/. Accessed 24 Mar. 2021.
Nathanson, Jerry A. “Water Pollution | Causes, Effects, & Facts.” Encyclopædia Britannica, 30 Mar. 2021, www.britannica.com/science/water-pollution. Accessed 30 Mar. 2021.
“National Geographic Society.” Nationalgeographic.org, 2019, www.nationalgeographic.org/.
Parks, Peggy J. “Water Pollution: Deadly Effects of Water Pollution.” Water Pollution, by Peggy J. Parks, Gale, 2012. Our Environment. Gale In Context: Elementary, link.gale.com/apps/doc/WARFIW611929319/ITKE?u=misa&sid=ITKE&xid=936cd4a6. Accessed 24 Mar. 2021.
Technology, International Environmental. “What Are the Different Types of Water Pollution?” Envirotech Online, 31 Jan. 2020, www.envirotech-online.com/news/water-wastewater/9/breaking-news/what-are-the-different-types-of-water-pollution/51055. Accessed 4 Apr. 2021.
“Water Pollution: How to Protect Our Source of Life.” Iberdrola, www.iberdrola.com/sustainability/water-pollution. Accessed 14 Apr. 2021.
Water. “Water Pollution: Everything You Need to Know.” NRDC, 22 Apr. 2019, www.nrdc.org/stories/water-pollution-everything-you-need-know#categories.