The ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) Outstanding Young Educator 2017 Award winner and MBIS Educational Technology Coach Fanny Passeport has recently written a book entitled: Stretch Yourself: A Personalised Journey To Deepen Your Teaching Practice, co-authored with Caitlin McLemore. We, at MBIS, would like to congratulate her on this success.
This book will guide teachers entering the profession to think about their ambitions; dare to take risks; and innovate in their daily practice of 21st century teaching. The authors are using the metaphor of yoga, which is all about process and practice, to illustrate their points.
With this motif in mind, the book is organized into three sections, each tied to an aspect of yoga:
Each section is broken down into chapters exploring matters that new teachers face, including:
- understanding and designing your vision through self-awareness and self-modification,
- finding the courage to be your emerging “you” through self-assessment and planning strategies,
- the importance of taking risks and persevering,
- using the “edtech toolbox” with purpose
- tinkering, failing forward and overcoming fear,
- the need for balance,
- self-reflection and delivering feedback to students
- ways to share learning with others.
The Journalism CCA students have interviewed Fanny Passeport to find out more about her written and publication process. Here is the video.