Hello. I am Hridaan. For my exhibition inquiry, I have chosen to inquire about how movement and mindfulness can change the states of mind.Why did I select my inquiry? I chose my inquiry because I thought it was a good idea. Originally, I was going to choose how money is evolved, but when mom said this, I switched to Movement and Mindfulness right away.
My central idea was: Movement and Mindfulness help us process our emotions. My lines of Inquiry were:
- The different states of mind
- How movement changes the states of mind
- Using movement to promote mindfulness
My transdisciplinary themes were:
- Who we are: In mindfulness, we need to let go of all thoughts and focus on ourselves. In movement, if we are not concentrating on us, we might get injured.
- How we organise ourselves: In the exhibition we organised a lot of things. We are mindful when organised.
My focus Learner Profile attributes were:
- Knowledgeable- I explored new knowledge about Movement and Mindfulness over a range of subjects.
- Reflective- I considered the global issue of well being and reflected on ways that I can be more mindful through movement.
My UN Goals was number 3: Good health and well being.
It is connected because when you do mindfulness and movement, your health improves.
My approaches to learning were:
Research Skills- I asked questions and gathered information in my journal. I organized and sorted my information for each line of inquiry. I am communicating my findings through my slides and website.
My links to the school Mission and Vision were:
One of the pillars in the mission is “Promote Learning” and that’s what my inquiry is about- Promoting movement and mindfulness
During my research I found out…..
- Movement and Mindfulness can help decrease depression
- When you practice mindfulness, you develop a better conceptual understanding
- There are a lot of mindfulness activities which include movement
Primary resources – I interviewed Mr Underhill and Ms Shambavi, the counselors at our school to gather primary information. Several teachers from the primary and some of my family members participated in a survey about how movement changes your emotions.
Secondary resources- I referred to several online websites and videos. Here are some of the resources I created to help spread awareness about my inquiry
Final exhibition presentation- Hridaan My slides and website will only be accessible via an MISP email id.
Inquiry that leads to action!
My personal action will be to get a group of people and give them weekly challenges.
I ask you to take action by practicing movement and mindfulness daily.
“Can Mindfulness Exercises Help Me?” Mayo Clinic, 2020, www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/consumer-health/in-depth/mindfulness-exercises/art-20046356#:~:text=Mindfulness%20is%20a%20type%20of. Accessed 12 Apr. 2021.
Cobb, Ellie. “Is Movement Beneficial for Your Mental Health?” Mindbody, explore.mindbodyonline.com/blog/wellness/movement-beneficial-your-mental-health.
Kopp, Megan. Migration. New York, Ny, Smartbook Media Inc, 2017.
MD, Srini Pillay. “How Simply Moving Benefits Your Mental Health.” Harvard Health Blog, 28 Mar. 2016, www.health.harvard.edu/blog/how-simply-moving-benefits-your-mental-health-201603289350#:~:text=And%20while%20your%20brain%20is. Accessed 4 Mar. 2021.