- Take all the Pre-school children and add the children of PYP 1.
- Mix well.
- Pick your favourite songs.
- Take a vote and a unanimous decision.
- Separate each piece of music or movement into small bite size pieces.
- Choose your favorite flavours: playing instruments, dancing, acting, singing, etc.
- Add your unique spices to the mix by experimenting and exploring.
- Add heaps of laughter and a pinch of discipline.
- Now it’s time to put the mixture in the oven with . . .
- . . . Practice . . . practice. . . practice . . .
As Ms. Praveeta, Mr. Kushal and the music are getting baked…prepare the icing
Ingredients for the icing:
- Christmas trees and reindeer from popsicle sticks,
- Snowflakes and lanterns out of paper,
- Candy canes out of plastic wire and beads.
- “Christmas Bells” inspired by their featured song
- Sun catchers (connected to their Unit of Inquiry on light)
PS3 (used their songs as an inspiration to make decorations)
- Christmas ornaments and Santas made from recycled and natural materials
- Cardboard Christmas puddings
- Hand Santas and shape Santas
- Wreaths with bottle caps
PS2 & 3 also combined forces to bake mouth-watering, Christmas Cookies. Just think about all the science, maths and language that involves, never mind the transdisciplinary skills!
- Now add the cherry on the top – the gorgeous, Santa sleigh and reindeer that the Louw Family from PS3 designed and hand crafted. The children of PS3 put the finishing touches on it by painting, glittering and wrapping many presents to put inside.
- By the end of November our Christmas Concert Cake is ready!
- On the first day of December, serve and enjoy an utterly delightful morning with a generous sprinkling of Peace, Joy, Love and Laughter.
- Kushal for the relentless support and smooth organization
- The team of parents who came in, for decorating the basketball court so beautifully
- All the parents for contributing towards the sumptuous buffet
- Support Staff for setting up all the tents, food, drinks
- Helen, Ms. Carla and Ms. Edna for coordinating and communicating with all members of the school community
- Jodi and the PE department for collaborating on the use of the basketball court
~ Teams PS, PYP1 and Ms. Praveeta