Layout we will follow
My name is Liam I’m Filipino born in Dubai and now I am living in Pune
Why did I select my inquiry?
I chose my inquiry, clean water and sanitation because a lot of people don’t have clean water even though you need water to survive.
My central idea was: The impact of water systems on the quality of life.
My lines of Inquiry were:
- The effects of poverty and access to water
- Systems that are in place to clean water
- Ways to provide access to clean water
My transdisciplinary theme was: How the world works
My concepts were: Causation, function and change
My related concepts were Impact, (LOI1), Role (LOI2) Growth (LOI3)
My focus Learner Profile attributes were Reflective and thinker
My UN Goals was number SDG 6 Title: Clean water and sanitation
descriptor: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
My approaches to learning were Research skills and self-management skills.
During my research I found out:
- Hand pumps is the best option for a water supply for poorer countries and that reverse osmosis filters sea water.
- I read a quote in the website National Geographic stating their experience in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch
- I used a lot of secondary sources such as National Geographic and The SDG website itself.
- UV light doesn’t kill bacteria by boiling the water, instead it uses light beams and when it glows on the water all the bacteria dies.
Here are some of the resources I created to help spread awareness about my inquiry
Google slides link here
My personal action will be Spreading awareness to clean water and sanitation
I ask you to take action by Taking short showers and donating to water charities